James Banham is a published, full-time digital content producer and manager, editor and UX writer. He is currently based in London, United Kingdom.
Connect here with James on LinkedIn.
He’s an experienced B2C/B UX writer, journalist, digital and social content editor and producer and social media community manager with a long, demonstrated history of working in media and financial services for institutional business and retail banking.
With a long record of experience with all digital touch points in both agency and in-house capacities, James is an expert at writing, editing and producing web content. He can understand analytics and insights and develop corresponding reporting, the production and sending of direct marketing communications, social, image and video creation and editing and multidisciplinary delivery.
Project management, governance process development, internal and external communications, English grammar, technical writing, deadline management and basic architecting are also strong areas of expertise.
James is skilled at developing engaging digital and UX content for businesses. He has a raft of experience in putting his skills in creative and technical UX copywriting, CMS use (AEM, Umbraco, Sitefinity, Shopify, WordPress, Microsoft Sharepoint), SEO, HTML, the Adobe, Atlassian Confluence, JIRA, Microsoft and Google suite of tools, working with agile methodologies and stakeholder management to good use for cross channel customer-facing content production.
James’ areas of strength are:
- Creative and technical writing: Ability to write to FMCG, eCommerce, entertainment and lifestyle and technical requirements
- UX writing: Short-, mid- and long-form content, microcopy and CTAs
- Internal communications: Production of assets and copy for internal campaigns across restructures, diversity and inclusion (D&I) initiatives and global projects
- UX design input: UX designers are friends and I am able to work alongside as well as embedded in teams to craft the experience and tailor a tight UI
- Long and short form writing: Experience in writing from button labels to full thousand word articles
- Expert jargon translator: Well-versed in translating complicated terminology and clunky wording into normal speak for everyday users
- Inquisitively minded: Insatiable tendency to research and discover to improve content, processes and systems
- Adaptable: Working alone or in a team is easy and managing tones used to cater for different groups and circumstances is no problem
- Work cross-team: I am used to working hand-in-hand with POs, BAs, scrum masters and developers to refine content
- Accessibility champion: If it’s not accessible, it’s not worth writing – I follow strict governance processes to achieve this
- Multi-platform skilled: Can tinker with HTML, used to CMS platforms, AEM, Umbraco, Sitefinity, Shopify, WordPress and can use Atlassian Confluence, JIRA, Tableau
- Social media: 5+ years well-experienced social media producer and community manager
- Cross functional skills: From content, to Photoshop, smashing video clips together with Adobe Premiere or tweaking pages with HTML.
If you’d like to get in touch or request a rate card, use the contact form below.
James Banham also maintains and frequently writes on lifestyle and culture publication, THE F.